Tv's Akbar - Rajat Tokas Interview

"I am doing again a historical show that mean not come back to historical shows or I am in love with historical characters but yes it's true that I like these characters as I love playing a man. I did Tere Liye where I played a grey character which was very different from Prithviraj and Dharam Veer . Ekta experimented with me but then I wanted to do something more powerful and I am happy that Jodha Akbar was offered to me. I don't think I will get to play such a powerful character in a daily soap. I am not saying that daily soaps are boring but it is something I don't like.

Historical shows are very different from daily soaps and I can say that as I have done three historical shows. In daily soaps you are just an observer or onlooker. You don't have anything to do in a daily soap and yet you are the main lead of the show. "I don't understand the logic behind the saas-bahu sagas on small screen. Hence, I prefer strong roles that I have played earlier and I would continue to do them in future too. When Producers, directors and the casting team selects certain actor to play a character in their show they are very much sure about what they want. So I think the makers of the show have found Akbar in me and that is why I am playing the role of Akbar.

1 comments:

  1. you r a great actor . I am so happy to see you come back on screen was missing u alot. I watch jodhaa akbar daily to see you and ur marvelous acting THANKYOU for coming back. And i hope success touches ur feet like that.
    CONGRATULATIONS FOR THE SUCCESS OF UR SERIAL.tc.......................

    ReplyDelete

 
INDIAN TELEVISION WORLD © 2012 | Designed by Rumah Dijual, in collaboration with Buy Dofollow Links! =) , Lastminutes and Ambien Side Effects